Latest posts by Rose G (see all)
- AVON Black Friday Coupons 2017 + Holiday Gift Guide - November 23, 2017
- Flashback Friday’s: California Dreaming - August 25, 2017
- The Great Escape - July 21, 2017
Can you believe it is August already? I swear this summer went by in a flash – sneeze again and it is going to be Christmas. Alright, alright, alright… I don’t want to give you anxiety. HA! Any who, going to school – whether it is for a child or an adult comes with some money-sucking expenses at times. From supplies to clothes and for college students $100+ textbooks it can be a lot. As a college student myself, I cringe every semester thinking about the money I dish out for different supplies and textbooks which is what inspired me to write this post.
Just because public school started that doesn’t mean there aren’t some great deals out there to take advantage of. Whether you are the parent or guardian of a school-aged kid or a college student yourself, here are some of the great deals that I found around the web and just had to share.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you choose to purchase a product or service I may get a small commission (at no additional cost to you.) Any product or service listed here are items I have either purchased and/or personally recommend.
- Erin Condren: If you love pretty stationary, accessories and planners this is the place to be. As of this post they are offering 20% off Luxe Books and 15% off accessories when you buy 4 or more. I am going to pick up a Luxe Book and some accessories for myself (as well as some to give as gifts.)
- $5 Off $25 With Code: BACKTOSCHOOL at Dollar General – Valid 8/13 Only!
- Franklin Covey: This was the first “professional” planner brand that I ever purchased as an adult. They have a great selection of planners and accessories to choose from. Save $15 on Orders Over $75. Enter Promo Code SAVE15 at checkout.(offer valid August 1, 2016 – August 31, 2016) They also offer 15% off your first order when you sign up for an account via email.
- Concord Supplies: For all of your office supplies check out Concord Supllies to Save up to 68% on Office & School SuppliesStock up on ink & toner for all those papers you are going to print out or maybe you need a new desk for you or your child to study on – Concord has it all. They even offer same day delivery on several of their items.
– Back To School Savings! 15% Off Orders $99 + Free Shipping at Concord Supplies! Excludes OEM Ink & Toner. Code: BTS2016 (Exp.9/30/16) Shop Now!
– $10 Off Compatible Ink & Toner over $59 at Concord Supplies! Code: SF2015 at checkout. Shop Now!
Textbooks & Studying Tools
- Amazon: As a fellow college student I know that the cost of textbooks can be extremely expensive which is why I always check online for prices to see if I can get a better deal. I have ordered several textbooks for different courses via Amazon and have never been disappointing. How does saving up to 80% on Textbooks sound? You can choose from new, used and select eTextbooks. They have a huge selection to choose from so make sure you check it out to see if you can get your textbooks at a better price. Make sure to read the details to make sure it comes with any access codes that some courses require for online access.
[Additional bonus: Sign up for Amazon Prime Student for FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items, unlimited photo storage, FREE Kindle book rentals and more. Amazon Prime Student is a $50 savings off of the regular Amazon Prime subscription.]
- Chegg: Not only can you buy, rent and sell books, you can also get assistance in studying on Chegg. They offer study tips, test prep assistance and tutoring. Check out their current deals:
– Get 30 Minutes for Free Tutoring. Try it now!
– 50% off the 1st month of Chegg Study. Use Coupon code: CSAF50OFF15 Disclaimer: New Chegg Study users receive a $7.50 discount off the first month of a Chegg Study subscription. Discount expires on 08/8/2016. Offer valid on a monthly or yearly subscription. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Valid for one-time use only. Limit one coupon per person. No cash value.
– 25% off the 1st month of Chegg Study. Use coupon code: CSAF25OFF15 Disclaimer: New Chegg Study users receive a $3.75 discount off the first month of a Chegg Study subscription. Discount expires on 8/31/2016. Offer valid on a monthly or yearly subscription. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Valid for one-time use only. Limit one coupon per person. No cash value.
- eCampus: This is the place to go to rent, buy and sell your textbooks this year. They have several different deals that are good until the end of the year. Aside from hard copy books they also offer select books in eTextbook format. Here are the current deals that they are offering:
– Use coupon code ’10OFF150′ for $10 off orders over $150 and receive free shipping at eCampus.com
– Use coupon code ‘ECAMPUS5’ for $5 off orders of $100 or more and receive free shipping.
– Use coupon code ‘ECAMPUS3’ for $3 off orders of $60 or more.
Clothing & Accessories
- Old Navy: Their back to school sale is currently offering 60% off Kids Styles, however, they continuously offer different savings so check to see what other additional savings they have available.
- Target: Don’t you hate when you go purchase something and you can’t find the size that you need? Well my sister and I ran into that problem when we went shopping for school shoes for my niece and nephew – apparently every child in the area wears the same size lol. So what do you do when you see something you like but can’t find the size in the store? Look it up online of course. We were able to find the sizes we wanted as well as other styles of shoes and clothes for the kids. Target is having some great deals right now:
– Kids Back to School: Spend $50 on Clothes and Shoes, save $10. Valid 7/31-8/6
– Shop Kids + Spend $25, Get Free Shipping on Select at Target.com
- Warby Parker: Now this may not be a “deal”, however, if you are looking for a new pair of glasses for this school year, Warby Parker helps you to be fashionable while doing something good for someone else as well. Pick from one of their absolutely gorgeous frames and for every pair sold, a pair is distributed to someone in need. I remember being in school for the first time with my new glasses – I had no idea that the world was so “clear” because I was so used to not wearing glasses. Purchase a pair for you or your child and give someone in need the opportunity be able to “see clearly” as well. What’s also cool (besides their frames and the opportunity to give back) is that you can select 5 frames and test them out for 5 days to see which one you like best. How fun is that?
- Kiwi Crate: If you’re into subscription boxes, Kiwi Crate is the box you buy for your favorite little one. They have different crates for all age ranges with different activities and projects for them. They are currently offering 30% off select boxes.
- eBates: If you do a lot of shopping online I just have to remind you to join eBates. Once you go ahead and sign up for an eBates account install their Chrome extension for your browser. This magical extension will tell you if a store you are shopping online with has any cash back or coupon offers – often ones that you wouldn’t even know about without the eBates browser. Activate the offer and you will be on your way to getting cash back for things you would normally purchase.
Any other Back to School deals that you know about? Feel free to share them in the comments!
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links which means I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you) if you decide to purchase something featured here. This commission will be invested back into hertaintedlips.com as well as help me buy a cheap bottle of wine or some Starbucks. For more information please read our disclosure page.