Latest posts by Rose G (see all)
- AVON Black Friday Coupons 2017 + Holiday Gift Guide - November 23, 2017
- Flashback Friday’s: California Dreaming - August 25, 2017
- The Great Escape - July 21, 2017
Christmas is right around the corner and I’m sure that most of you are out there shopping in stores or online trying to find the perfect gifts. What’s better than getting something cool for someone you care about? Being able to know that your purchase will also help someone else in need or that is going through something challenging.
Every year I try to donate money, food or gifts to people less fortunate than myself. My life may not be perfect but I know I am extremely blessed and have things that I sometimes take for granted. That is why I decided to put a list together of companies that give back to those in need. So while you are shopping this holiday season make sure to check out the companies below.
This post includes affiliate links.
Sock Panda: The winter months can be cold and dreary – a cute pair of socks is not only a fashion statement but can also keep you warm as well. With every monthly Sock Panda subscription purchased they give a pair of socks to someone in need.
soapbox soaps: This soap company donates a bar of soap to a person in need in the US and abroad with the purchase of every product sold. Each of their products has a Hope Code which you can enter into their system and see which project your purchase will support.
House of Light Goods: This company empowers single mothers in Mexico to break the cycle of poverty and abuse as well as help impoverished families. They sell beautiful scarves, pillow covers and blankets.
H&M Foundation: Some of you are H&M shoppers. According to their website “For each H&M gift card sold between November 3, 2016 – January 8, 2017, the H&M Foundation will make a donation to UNHCR. The entire donation will be directed to school supplies for refugee children through the UNHCR program, “Educate a Child” focusing on education for refugee children.” Their Foundation also has other projects to help those in need as well.
Warby Parker: If you have vision problems you know how useful having a pair of glasses is. For every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is given to someone in need.
TOMS Shoes: Their One for One® program matches every pair of shoes purchased and gives a pair of new shoes to a child in need.
yoobi: This brand is sold exclusively at Target and they have bright and fun school supplies and accessories. When you make a purchase with them they donate an item to a Yoobi Classroom Pack. These Classroom Packs are donated to classrooms.
There are three causes that Avon currently give proceeds to upon purchase of select merchandise. They also allow you to make monetary donations as well.
- Empowerment: “The Avon Speak Out Against Domestic Violence program has committed nearly $50 million, in over 50 countries, to organizations and programs focused on awareness, education, direct services and prevention programs to help end the cycle of domestic and gender violence.”
- Pink Ribbon/Breast Cancer Crusade: “Purchase supports the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade, supporting women who are battling breast cancer and funding research to find a cure.”
- Mark M.Powerment: “100% of the net proceeds from sales of the mighty pretty m.powerment bracelet ($20.92) is donated directly to the m.powerment by mark (Managed by the Avon Foundation for Women) philanthropic initiative dedicated to breaking the cycle of dating abuse and partner abuse.”
Project 7: Purchases help to give back for 7 different areas of need – clean water, emergency relief (housing), tree planting, meals for the hungry, malaria treatments, school education in developing nations and anti-bullying programs.
People Water: Even though this may not be a “gift” – the gift of clean water is pretty major if you ask me. Buy a case to keep on hand for house guests. Every bottle purchased = an equal amount of clean water to a person in need.
Do you know of any other companies that give back to those in need? Let us know in the comments.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links which means I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you) if you decide to purchase something featured here. This commission will be invested back into hertaintedlips.com as well as help me buy a cheap bottle of wine or some Starbucks. For more information please read our disclosure page.